Posts tagged "Camilla d'Errico"
Marceline in the Scream Queens #6 by Meredith Gran, covers by JAB, Brianne Drouhard, Camilla d’Errico
THE FINAL TOTALLY AWESOME ISSUE OF THIS ADVENTURE TIME MINI-SERIES! Can the Scream Queens rock their crazy-huge biggest gig ever…and will Princess Bubblegum finally discover the true meaning of ROCK? Final issue of this incredibly popular series!
Tanpopo Collection HC Vol. 1, by Camilla d’Errico
Celebrated creator Camilla d’Errico delivers a stunning visual journey exploring emotion, self-discovery/innocence and what it means to be human. TANPOPO is superhumanly intelligent and inhumanly emotionless. Attached to a mysterious machine and ruled by her vast knowledge, one day her heart rises up to struggle against her ruling mind. Torn and confused, she now seeks humanity, longing to feel what other humans feel. Each chapter of TANPOPO is inspired by a classic piece of literature or poetry, woven into its own epic story, and contained in this beautiful hardcover edition.
I’ve been too occupied to keep up with the events of the past week and a half, so I thought I’d get kind of caught up today!
Featured Event of March 28-April 8:
Saturday, March 31 – Sunday, April 1, 2012
There are a lot of conventions this weekend, but I’m compelled to recommend Oz Comic Con at the , South Australia!
I know from past messages that Aussie comics fans aren’t always sure which pros are among their numbers, and aspiring Aussie creators have to contend with the vast distance between them and the Big Two editors.
Pros at this year’s Adelaide Oz Con include none other than DC artist Nicola Scott (Birds of Prey, Secret Six, the upcoming Earth-Two) and OEL mangaka Queenie Chan (The Dreaming, In Odd We Trust)! In addition, Nicola Scott will be doing portfolio reviews on Sunday morning! Be sure to sign up early at the Information Booth.
There is also an artists’ alley, but I can’t find a listing for who’s there— tell me if you are! Or go there and discover new Aussie lady creators!
Wednesday-Friday, March 28-30
Friday, March 30
Friday, March 30 - Saturday, April 1
- Athens: Zara Slattery at Comicdom Con at the
- Seattle: Emerald City Comic-Con at , with a long list of ladies attending: Trixie Biltmore, Marian Churchland, Katie Cook, Colleen Coover, Camilla d’Errico, Kelly Sue DeConnick, Rachel Dodson, Becky Driesdadt, Cat Farris, Agnes Garbowska, Joëlle Jones, Emi Lenox, Natalie Nourigat, Nei Ruffino, Gail Simone, Jen Van Meter, Christina Weir, Chrissie Zullo. PLUS: A Womanthology Panel with Gail Simone, Cat Staggs, Bonnie Burton, and Joamette Gil!
- Birmingham UK: MCM Expo featuring Lily Mitchell, Gemma Bedeau, Lisa Cummins, Alice de Ste Croix, Lizz Lunney, Nikki Wynne, Jade Thompson, Katherine Ellis, Charlotte Bailey, Lily Beardshaw, Sarah Fogg, Shaz Jubeen, Laura McNulty, Gem Sheldrake, Catherine Reda, Jenika Ioffreda, Kit Jo Yuki, and Elenawing at the
- Inverness: Hi-Ex Con, featuring Sally Hurst, Inko, Maura McHugh and Tanya Roberts at
Saturday, March 31
- Somerville MA: Womanthology Signing at , featuring Cathy Leamy, Ming Doyle, Renae de Liz, and Ellen Crenshaw. 12-4pm EST
Sunday, April 1
Monday, April 2
Wednesday, April 4
- Brookline MA: Leela Corman signing her new graphic novel Unterzakhn at , 7pm – 9pm EST
Saturday, April 7
Debuting the first statuette from Artist Camilla d’Errico (via Dark Horse Comics)
No Ordinary Love is a piece that is very dear to me…It’s the visual interpretation and expression of my feelings for my ‘one and only,’ so you can imagine how exciting it is, that this particular piece was chosen!
Fractured Fables TP, includes writing by Kristen Simon, Marie Cruz, Nikki Dy-Liacco, Laini Taylor, art by Jill Thompson, Camilla d’Errico, May Ann Licudine, and colors by Laura Allred
Some of comic’s most celebrated creators turn familiar fairy tales on their ear! This critically acclaimed, super-star anthology will thrill old and young alike. Now, for the first time in an oversized trade paperback edition!
Boom Studios has announced the release of Camille d’Errico’s Tanpopo, collecting her three previously self-published chapters, along with a new concluding chapter. Tanpopo interweaves Goethe’s Faust narrative with other classic poems such as The Rime of the Ancient Mariner and Chinese folklore, in an Asian comics aesthetic to tell the story of a young girl as she learns what it is to be human.
“TANPOPO is a completely new type of book,” says Matt Gagnon, Editor-in-Chief of BOOM! Studios. “It is a new graphic novel experience that combines an Camilla’s unique aesthetic in both the storytelling format and character development. We’re combining classic literature with her ephemeral art.”
Tanpopo will be released in March.
Camilla d'Errico to Draw 'Sky Pirates of Neo Terra' Webcomic
A while back, Camilla d’Errico was tapped to draw a comic based on the then-upcoming Sky Pirates of Neo Terra Nintendo DS game.
Now that the game is coming to Facebook and Apple devices, Nintendo decided that another comic was in order, and should be as accessible as a Facebook or iPad app, so they asked her to come back to draw a weekly webcomic!
Not only is this good news for d’Errico, it’s also a very intriguing marketing idea.
Market Monday Previews
I’ve forgotten these the past couple weeks /o\ But here are this week’s!
Femina and Fauna: The Art of Camilla D’Errico
Elephantmen #29, art by Marian Churchland and Camilla d’Errico
Sky Pirates of Neo Terra TP, art by Camilla d’Errico