Bloody Chester GN, art by Hilary Florido
This isn’t John Wayne’s heroic old west.
This is the real deal: a filthy, disease-ridden frontier populated by losers, lunatics, and murderers. And when you’re a skinny teenager with no family and a name like Chester Kates, your options are limited. It’s stand up and fight or roll over and die, so Chester, aka “Lady Kate,” is set to fight until it kills him.
It isn’t much of a life, but it’s at least straightforward.
Until things go all cockeyed when Chester is hired to ride his horse (also named Chester) to a ghost town and burn it to the ground. Except the ghost town doesn’t just boast a tidy collection of mangled corpses: it also has three living inhabitants … who won’t be budged. But Chester’s been hired for a job, and he’ll be damned if he doesn’t burn the town to the last cinder.
Thing is, he may just be damned if he does.
This horror-Western-mystery graphic novel will send a thrill—and a chill—down your spine. Funny, fascinating, and downright horrible, this is a book that keeps you turning the pages.
- hilaryflorido likes this
- saicoink likes this
- myshrinkingviolet likes this
- ghostlygal likes this
- corsicanchevalier likes this
- tentaclesandasphyxiation reblogged this from schumie
- tentaclesandasphyxiation likes this
- gothalice likes this
- schumie reblogged this from ladiesmakingcomics and added:
- colleenaf said: I love this book so much! It never quite goes the way you expect it to. The ending…oh man. Amazing.
- rachellovescomics reblogged this from ladiesmakingcomics
- sporadicerratic reblogged this from ladiesmakingcomics
- sporadicerratic likes this
- papergut likes this
- mad-zilla likes this
- spegatti0 likes this
- the-lord-is-my-coelacanth reblogged this from ladiesmakingcomics and added:
- equiknocks likes this
- blizzardfaery likes this
- ladiesmakingcomics posted this