Anonymous asked: DC doesn't make movies though. warner brothers does. There isn't a DC Studios like Marvel.
Yes and no. DC has been wholly owned by Warner Brothers since the late 1960s. Before the formation of DC Entertainment, DC Comics was technically part of WB’s research and development department. While DC Comics has never produced its own films in the way Marvel has, they have been an IP farm exclusively for WB for over 50 years, and it has always been in WB’s best interest to preserve, grown, and maintain their DC brands.
- notzipitclark likes this
- hedownwithskeletor likes this
- masteradept likes this
- batmanfights said:Quick clarification: (off the top of my head, so this may be wrong) wasn’t DC acquired by Kinney Systems who were then purchased by Warner in the 70s? My timeline may be off, but I don’t think it’s been 50 years.
- theprairiegeek likes this
- lavienoire likes this
- frostfalls likes this
- brikit likes this
- nait likes this
- joseethefirst likes this
- essentialwandering likes this
- thehappysorceress likes this
- samhainpress likes this
- ladiesmakingcomics posted this